The Surgery Center is a joint venture owned by two healthcare entities: Dartmouth Hitchcock Nashua and Southern New Hampshire Health System. The center is multi-specialty and serves the greater Nashua community. Staff hired will be employed by Southern New Hampshire Medical Center.
The following career opportunities are available:
Schedule: Per diem
Will prepare supplies, equipment and instrumentation for surgical procedures. Will assist the physician with the maintenance of the sterile field/sterile supplies. Will also assist in the maintenance of the supply inventory and for the decontamination of surgical instrumentation.
- Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
- Surgical Technologist certification preferred
- Current BLS certification
- Minimum of one year of experience with multi-specialty procedures.
RN, OPERATING ROOM
Schedule: Per Diem
Will be responsible for directing the nursing care of the patient within the operating room suite and is responsible for directing the tasks of the allied health team. Will work collaboratively with the care team.
- Current NH RN Nursing license
- Recent Perioperative experience, CNOR preferred
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certification
Schedule: Per diem
Will be cross trained to cover both the pre-operative and the post anesthesia recovery of patients. Will be responsible for preparing the patient for the operating room including assessment of the physical and psychological status of the patient. Will also care for post-operative patient by ensuring the patient is stable and meets all requirements to be safely discharged. Will also be responsible for completing the admission, pre-operative and post-operative documentation. Will work collaboratively with the care giving team and will be responsible for directing tasks to allied health team members.
- Current NH RN Nursing license required
- Minimum of two years recent experience in the pre-op, PACU or critical care setting
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification required